Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Dumpster Frisbee and Walmart

Jillian- This morning we got up an extra 50 minutes later, so I already felt "refreshed". I ate breakfast but after that, we had to wait for the rain to pass in order for us to work on the roof. We waited about 30 minutes until we went to the work site. Once we got to the worksite Delane, Alex and I worked on taking the shingles off the roof. I then watched a little puppy sleep, which was by the house we worked on,  and went to take stuff to the dump. Frances and I took turns throwing stuff into the huge dumpster pile. We got to the Spirit Lake Campus just in time for lunch with the kids at day camp. I spent the rest of day camp helping with crafts. I rode on the big van to drop kids off and they showed me their pet bunny. Susan, Frances, Barbara, and I made a trip to Walmart so I could get some more chex mix and other necessities. When we got back I immediately took a shower and went to dinner. After dinner, we did devotions and I actually knew most of the songs. Therefore, I kind of knew what I was doing.

Frances- Even though the (unintentional) extra fifty minutes of sleep this morning was much appreciated, I still took an hour nap this afternoon instead of showering (sorry everyone). At 9:30, we headed out to the worksite after waiting patiently for the rain to pass. There, we worked with the much more experienced group from Texas, who had already completed their own roof. We scraped shingles off, put shingles back on, and collected shingles from the ground. After about three hours at the worksite, Jillian, Barb, Susan and I drove to the junkyard to throw shingles away. A game was soon created that went something like: throw the shingle like a Frisbee and try to hit the water, pile of dirt, chair, etc. It involved many giggles and loud exclamations of joy when any said target was hit. Our trip to the junkyard was followed by a drive to Walmart to purchase candy (because we don't have anywhere close to enough of that...) and other necessities. Walmart was followed by an hour nap and a delicious dinner. Devotions and another fun game of Four Folks on a Couch ended yet another exciting and wonderful day here in North Dakota. Hope all are doing well back home!!



No comments:

Post a Comment