Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday - First Work Day and An Opportunity to be Flexible

This morning, rain was in the forecast.  So instead of heading out to start on our roofing project, we did our Thursday afternoon sightseeing.  We headed out to a state park where we saw bison and prairie dogs.  We then toured Fort Totten.  It started as a military fort and was then converted to a boarding school. We came back to home base at 11:30.  Molly, Jillian, and I stayed to work at the day camp and the rest went to start the roof.  We got to help with crafts, games, and stories.  There was time to clean up before dinner.  After dinner was over, we had devotions - led by Delane, Susan, and Alex.  The rain came during devotions so we adjourned to the Christian Center for fellowship, blogging, and a competitive game of Four Folks on a Couch.                     Barbara


Jillian- Today I saw bison and mini bison (we called the prarie dogs mini bison). I also took a picture next to a cow patty!! Once we climped up 191 stairs I was pooped- haha get it? As you can tell I also rode with Howard. We went to an old military base and it was super historical. I learned a lot. Once we got back, Molly, Barbara and I, went to day camp. I met some many wonderful people who have really changed me and made me have a new perspective on life. We spent the day with many children. It was crazy, but such a good experience. A little girl, Shandley, also made me a necklace. After the kids left, Molly and I decided to play the ukulele and draw. We had dinner with the rest of the group. Francis and I taked to this wonderful guy about Colorado and how beautiful it is too! After dinner we went back to do devotion. Susan, Alex and Delane shared wonderful stories. We came back and played a few games after that. That brings me back to here. I had such a fantastic day!

Kate- Today in the morning we went to see bison and prairie dogs, and climbed lots of stairs. We also went to Fort Totten and got to see some history. Then we went to the worksite and did some roofing. Also at the worksite, there were a total of five dogs. There was one that looked like a German Shepard, and then two yellow labs (I think?) who had two older puppies. After dinner, we played four men on a couch and the incoming freshman dominated (three times out of three).

191 Steps - Alex did them 3 times.



Delane got to see her bison.

They found their prince at Ft. Totten


The rain is coming in.

Four Folks on a Couch


No comments:

Post a Comment